KBN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Final edit
Soundtrack: Music EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:00 pm by myrmedon

» Jose done...
Soundtrack: Music EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am by radialronnie

» Soundtrack: Music
Soundtrack: Music EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am by radialronnie

» New rendered shots!
Soundtrack: Music EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:31 am by radialronnie

» project update and quotes!!!
Soundtrack: Music EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:33 pm by myrmedon

» closing scene
Soundtrack: Music EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 am by radialronnie

» Offline for a bit, and an AWESOME idea.
Soundtrack: Music EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm by radialronnie

» Shot 006 almost ready
Soundtrack: Music EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 pm by myrmedon

» Check - in
Soundtrack: Music EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:38 pm by myrmedon

Affiliates
Try using http://www.pict.com/ to upload images now as the old one went belly up. This one seems a bit more stable. Lets hope so!

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 121 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Soundtrack: Music

3 posters

Go down

Soundtrack: Music Empty Soundtrack: Music

Post  Spartanis Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

Hi guys,

Muchly apologies for the delay intervention to this wonderful idea you guys put together. First of all.. i cannot express how much proud i am to participate in this short but valuable and sentimental effort of such a project for our wonderful Kernond.

I am pleased to be chosen as Score Composer for this short animation. I have done this work before for someone else with his cartoon hand drawn animation. you will find it here:

End Of Row

As you can see.. i have done well creating music from the Opening to the credits. It isn't much, but the animator was so pleased with my effort Razz

So there you go, you got the idea of what i can do.

So, with this project. I understand I am to make music that is light and comical. But before i could start composing, I need the basic film shots animated in exact length to work on (doesnt have to be FINAL renderings).

For example, the End of Row work, i had the artist submit to me the avi file of the short film in outline drawings, with exact timing of events and scene changes. From opening creds to the ending crdits. While he was finishing the work, i was able to create the score for him. Thus cut the time to complete the project to minimal.

Of course, you could opt for "just finish the damn thing, send him a copy and hope for the best.. time is not an issue" lmao

Once i have done created the soundtrack ( music/sound effects etc) i will submit them here ( i hope) for you guys to listen and if satisfied, incorporate them into the shorts.

Question Should i submit the Sound effects, music, ect as separate files? or as one mp3 file?

Sparty

Spartanis
Just Joined
Just Joined

Back to top Go down

Soundtrack: Music Empty Re: Soundtrack: Music

Post  myrmedon Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 am

Thank you so much sparty! I'm really impressed with the other work you did there! Dan - lets get the times to Sparty by the end of the week if possible.

As for how we go about it, I'm in favour of giving you the times of the scenes and then the current renders to work with simply because im not sure where we are with the final scene to be rendered, Dan, whats the status?? If that is complete then we can compile the movie and send it off to sparty for the music score (we trust you Very Happy ).

Remember team - we release 3rd September (or was it 7th)?? Embarassed

Cheers,
Myrmedon
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 am

myrmedon wrote:Dan - lets get the times to Sparty by the end of the week if possible.
I'd love to, right now we're waiting on Jose.

I would love to give you more time to work on your score, Sparty, but It's impossible to tell what the time will be like right now.
So here goes the big question, how much time do you need to complete a score? I know that it depends on the length of course, just estimate for 2-3 minutes.

I listened to the 'End of Row' score, and I like it very much!

Should i submit the Sound effects, music, ect as separate files? or as one mp3 file?
What would be easier for you? As for myself/or whoever sequences everything, it would probably be easier to have it in one single file. Score, fx and all.

Thanks a bunch for joining us Sparty! Without you this animation wouldn't be much! (not that is much, this was the first time any of us did this sort of thing)
Smile
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:37 am

Spoke to Jose - he is confident he will have the scene ready for rendering by August 10th. Give us till end of week to edit the film into a single compilation (dan verify thats enough time) and then we can send the whole project off to sparty for scoring.

Enough time sparty??

Myrmedon
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm

myrmedon wrote: (dan verify thats enough time)
I'l git 'er done yesteryear...er wait, that's already gone. But seriously, you know me, means I'l just need to get back into the habit of getting up at 3AM.
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanis Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:13 pm

lol..

hey guys.. there is no rush.. whenevr you are ready to submit the file to me.. it would be best if you do a "preview" render just for me. As witht he file size would be small for transfer. It would take me a week to compose, add in sound effects and the likes into one file (yes it would be easier for all of us to have the sound as one file) where i will submit it to the right person for final render.

It doesnt matter if you just sent it to me today or next week. I will stop whatever i am doing and concentrate on the score until its done.

Sparty

Spartanis
Just Joined
Just Joined

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Spartanis wrote:it would be best if you do a "preview" render just for me. As witht he file size would be small for transfer.
How small are you talking about?

Spartanis wrote:It doesnt matter if you just sent it to me today or next week. I will stop whatever i am doing and concentrate on the score until its done.
That's very generous of you, Again, we all appreciate your joining us!
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanis Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:04 am

how small? just yer standard Blender Preview settings render.... that will do

Spartanis
Just Joined
Just Joined

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 am

We can do that, (800x600) but I was actually asking about file size. I don't have a very good upload speed (50KBS) so I would take some time, but I can do it over night and cross my toes that the power doesn't go out or anything like that. Very Happy
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:11 am

If you tell me how to do it I can upload and email it dan.

Myrmedon
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Well, I would have to upload it for you then, Might as well do it direct to Sparty. Smile
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanis Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 pm

in that case, the smaller it is, teh better for you.. so long i can see it ok for me to get the gist of it.. and work out the timing..

Spartanis
Just Joined
Just Joined

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am

Jose sent an email to Jon and me saying that he won't be able to finish it on the 10th. He requested 6 more days putting the estimated completion time to the 16th.
Sorry that I didn't post this sooner. I sort of expected him to do it but then I remembered he's busy animating.

Very Happy
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down