KBN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Final edit
Final Script EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:00 pm by myrmedon

» Jose done...
Final Script EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am by radialronnie

» Soundtrack: Music
Final Script EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am by radialronnie

» New rendered shots!
Final Script EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:31 am by radialronnie

» project update and quotes!!!
Final Script EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:33 pm by myrmedon

» closing scene
Final Script EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 am by radialronnie

» Offline for a bit, and an AWESOME idea.
Final Script EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm by radialronnie

» Shot 006 almost ready
Final Script EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 pm by myrmedon

» Check - in
Final Script EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:38 pm by myrmedon

Affiliates
Try using http://www.pict.com/ to upload images now as the old one went belly up. This one seems a bit more stable. Lets hope so!

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 121 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Final Script

4 posters

Go down

Final Script Empty Final Script

Post  radialronnie Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Alrighty!

Shot name>> {Titling}
length of shot>> 01.000
Description of shot>> A nice and descriptive blurb about the shot......

{Titling}
The opening animation will display the title, and the movie description. Both will be shown on black because the next scene will be very dark. The titles shot will be as long as whoever makes it (with in limits of course) and will play up to time 00.000 of the animation.

{Atrium of Apathy}
This is the shot where the newbie stumbles around in the newbie trap. He hurts himself at every turn, stumbling over his half finished creations. This shot is very dark, and it is hard to see anything and the music is gloomy and depressing. {Beyond the waste land, cut required}

{Curious K}
Kernon is working at his desk, at one point, he switch from his desktop PC to his laptop, then a few seconds later, he starts to notice the noise, and looks up. The noise was quiet though, so he continues working. 6 seconds later, there again, is a bang, rumble, and groan, and looks up again, listens, and stands up and starts to walk to the doors of his office

{Hallway walk}
The camera slowly follows behind K as he walks down the hall way, and stops by the door that leads to the newbie trap, and listens. Then the camera shows him opening the door.

{Newbie Found}
The camera is slightly behind the newbies shoulder. The newbies head is sagging, he is breathing, and making groany, whiny painful sounds. Then all of a sudden, the door cracks open, powerful light streams in through the crack, newbie stops sound effects, and lifts his head to look. The door continues to open at a moderate pace, and eventually shows K's head through the crack, BUT, the scene is quite whited out. In the same way when you walk out of the basement into a very bright summer day. Kernon sees the newbie and flings open the door. Comes to him, sits down beside him, looks him over, and then puts NewBs arm over his own shoulder, and stands up, lifting the newbie to his feet.
Kernon will have sat at the newbies Left, because the newbie has a wound on his upper right arm.
Kernon then leads the newbie out the trap room, down the hall way and his office. With his left hand he pulls up one of the waiting chairs and sets the newbie down.

{Rehab}
(Continued) Kernon walks over to the File cabinet and pulls out the Medkit and out of that, he pulls a roll of bandage and wraps newbies arm several times around with it. He puts away the med equipment and gives the newbie the BlenderNewbies Dvd pack, and pulls out a “map” which is a screenshot of the blendernewbies forum.

{Instruction}
Kernon then helps him stand up, (the newbie can stand on his own now) and leads (he doesn't hold him up, just walks in front of him) him out the office door, to the end of the hallway, opens that door, and out onto a deck like structure. There they together lean on a rail, and Kernon motions with his arm to the horizon, where in the distance is a glorious (something spectacular) structure. But in between the viewers and the destination, lie many hardships, such as canyons, mountains, etc. Kernon then points to him the stairs that lead off of the desk, the newbie thanks Kernon with a handshake, then looks at his “help material” (the DVD pack and forum) then with a determined motion, he walks down the stairs, and leaves the camera's view. Music; Escalate!!! Very Happy

black screen, with credits and maybe a bit of special fx and some pepy orchestral music.

Some random thoughts:

the animation will be roughly 402 seconds, 6.7 minutes, or 10,050 frames long.
10,050 frames at lets say (to be generous ) 15 seconds render time per frame is 41 hours render time! (thats amazingly fast! I think we can probably afford to add some eyecandy.)

Once everyone agrees to this script, we can write the PlayWrights script; the final writing for this animation Rolling Eyes .
*The playWrights script will contain detailed camera movement AND cuts. for example, i personaly want to cut into the newbie stumbling scene, and show Kernon working at the desk at the same time. I think thats rather important for the story, this "writing" above only gives the complete story, no cuts, and shot details.
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Final Script Empty Re: Final Script

Post  zyzzy Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am

I read through that multiple times trying to think of something to add, but I couldn't right now.

It sounds good to me. Probably we'll all be able to come up with some ideas when it gets down to the "specifics".
zyzzy
zyzzy
Whisperer
Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post  tjjos Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:17 pm

The script looks very good, but I'm worried about the duration. 7 minutes is WAY TOO MUCH in my opinion. Remember that BBB is roughly 10 minutes long, and look how much time the took to build (working fulltime!). IMHO I think we should focus on something simpler and shorter. We could use the same idea on the script, but somehow find something shorter to work with.

I'm not trying to be a pesimist or anything, I just want this project to succeed, so I think we should give it more thought before we dive into it.

My two cents,

Jos

tjjos
Just Joined
Just Joined

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 pm

7 minutes is long, but we aren't working at the same levels that the BBB team was working on. For example:
1) We aren't shooting for the same level of graphic quality, also, this animation is almost completely indoors. BBB was an outdoors film where you have to deal with a huge environment.

2) We have only one set, the BBB team had (off of the top of my head with out counting them) at least 10 different sets.

3) We have only two characters. BBB had: Chinchilla, rabbit, owl, flying squirrel, mouse, and butterflys.

4) A whole bunch of our stuff has been premade, the character I made long time ago, also, the building I made quite a while ago, and then a whole bunch of the content was donated.

5) the characters aren't near as detailed as the ones that BBB had. i mean, Dr Defactum has 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 hands, and one head.* BBB had characters with complex controls on them such as wings, tons of facial controls, even belly fat controls for the rabbit affraid !

7 minutes does seem quite long, but it is at a much "newbier" level than BBB was.

thats my 2 cents as well. What does everyone else think?
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Well Radial and I talked about this earlier on MSN. I originally had 3 scenes in mind, blendernewb stumbling --> kernon working --> arriving --> kernon showing blendernewb into a computer room. All in all a simple video with a consistent "comic and upbeat" feel to it.

The other stuff originally i didn't like either, but i thought about it a little and it made me think - we are using more stuff that we learnt from blendernewbs... perhaps we can really showcase how much it taught us?

I'm of either mind, and i certainly have no objection to shortenining or trimming the script. Post your suggestions! I'll make a post shortly.

Cheers,
Myrm
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

myrmedon wrote: I originally had 3 scenes in mind.
it actually is still only 3 scenes. but there will be a few more cuts. for example.

(from the playwright's script) notice the timing of the cuts.
000: Opening Titling
-x 00.000
Movie title, background story will be shown here.

001: NewB_Stumbling.001
00.000 00.200
The camera fades into the darkness of the newbie trap room where the newbie is stumbling around blindly.

002: Kernon at work
00.000 00.200
The camera warps to Kernon's office where he is hard at work, punching away at the keyboard, you can very faintly hear the sounds that the newbie is making in the newbie trap.

Notes:
Kernon will be punching away at his Desktop's keyboard, and once, he pauses to glance at the laptop on who's screen is is requiring input. He leans over and hits once in the vicinity of the enter key. Then the screen changes and he goes back to work on his desktop PC.

003: NewB_Stumbling.002
00.000 00.200
The camera is back in the newbie trap, now the newbie starting to get more desperate and is blundering about even harder and making more noise. All of a sudden he smashes rather hard into the wall, which emits a dull-hollow-drywall sort of thud. Instant cut on that sound.

004: Kernon at work
00.000 00.200
The camera warps to Kernon's office where he is hard at work, punching away at the keyboard, you can very faintly hear the sounds that the newbie is making in the newbie trap.

Notes:
Kernon will be punching away at his Desktop's keyboard, and once, he pauses to glance at the laptop on who's screen is is requiring input. He leans over and hits once in the vicinity of the enter key. Then the screen changes and he goes back to work on his desktop PC.

there's only 3 "scenes" but it will be cut and remixed to make it more interesting.
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:26 pm

This is my revised script, read through all of it as I made some changes to the wording which affects the story slightly. Please guys put in your input (redundancy?), share your ideas with the team!

The opening animation will display the title, and the movie description. Both will be shown on black because the next scene will be very dark. The titles shot will be as long as whoever makes it (with in limits of course) and will play up to time 00.000 of the animation.

{Atrium of Apathy}
This is the shot where the newbie stumbles around in the newbie trap. He hurts himself at every turn, stumbling over his half finished creations. This shot is very dark, (the room lit only by a dim lamp hanging from the ceiling), the stumbling should be more comic that dangerous. When finally the newbie falls flat on his back under the lamp... the lamp flickers, then dies. We hear a groan.

{Curious K}
Kernon is working at his desk, at one point, he switch from his desktop PC to his laptop, then a few seconds later, he starts to notice the noise, and looks up. The noise stops, so he continues working. few seconds later, there again, is a bang, rumble, and groan, and looks up again, listens; repeat for 3 pauses, until he stands up and starts to walk to the doors of his office

{Hallway walk}
The camera slowly follows behind K as he walks down the hall way, and stops by the door that leads to the newbie trap, and listens. Then the camera shows him opening the door.

{Newbie Found}
The camera is slightly behind the newbies shoulder. The newbies head is sagging, he is breathing, and making groany, whiny painful sounds. Then all of a sudden, the door cracks open, powerful light streams in through the crack, newbie stops sound effects, and lifts his head to look. The door continues to open at a moderate pace, and eventually shows K's head through the crack, BUT, the scene is quite whited out. In the same way when you walk out of the basement into a very bright summer day. Kernon sees the newbie and flings open the door. Comes to him, helps him up, and then dusts him off.

Kernon then leads the newbie out the trap room, down the hall way and his office. With his left hand he pulls up one of the waiting chairs and sets the newbie down.

{Rehab}
(Continued) Kernon walks over to the File cabinet and pulls out the Medkit and out of that, he pulls a roll of bandage and wraps newbies arm several times around with it. He puts away the med equipment and gives the newbie the BlenderNewbies Dvd pack, and pulls out a “map” which is a screenshot of the blendernewbies forum.

{Instruction}
Kernon leads him out the door, to the end of the hallway, opens that door, and out onto a deck like structure. There they together lean on a rail, and Kernon motions with his arm to the horizon, where in the distance is a glorious (something spectacular) structure. But in between the viewers and the destination, lie many hardships, such as canyons, mountains, etc. Kernon then points to him the stairs that lead off of the desk, the newbie thanks Kernon with a handshake, then looks at his “help material” (the DVD pack and forum) then with a determined motion, he walks down the stairs, and leaves the camera's view. Music; Escalate!!! Very Happy

black screen, with credits and maybe a bit of special fx and some pepy orchestral music.

Some random thoughts:

I was thinking like in some movies, if you have a particularly bad animation render that just cracks you up, save it! we can include it in the credits in a "blooper reel" type thing.

Myrmedon
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:30 am

I like it, i forgot to remove the rehab scene, though i was planning on it because it doesn't fit well enough.

But one thing that doesn't flow very well in my mind is when K leads N into his office and sets him down. What do they do there? you can't just let them both sit and stare at one another!
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 am

why not have blendernewb walk over to the flag pole and nearly knock it over while K retrieves the DVD tutorials?

Myrm
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

hmm,
But where should the flag be then? right now it's in the corner opposite to the door! that would be a bit awkward. Also, Where do we store the DVDs?
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmedon Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:36 am

Easy, DVD is on one of the shelves, and while K gets it, blendernewb walks around the room curiously, examines the flag pole and nearly knocks it over Razz

myrm
myrmedon
myrmedon
Vocalist
Vocalist

Back to top Go down

Post  radialronnie Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:54 am

myrmedon wrote:Easy, DVD is on one of the shelves, and while K gets it, blendernewb walks around the room curiously, examines the flag pole and nearly knocks it over Razz

myrm
I feel like i'm sounding contrary, but honestly, I think these are some valid concerns. The room isn't very big at all. it will take Kernon maybe 10 seconds to get it, and thats not much time to explore or blunder about!
radialronnie
radialronnie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down